Solomon Islands National Provident Fund Board invites applications from suitably qualified persons for the above position.
The position of Internal Audit Officer is a challenging responsibility whereby the successful applicant is expected to undertake his/her duties and responsibilities in compliance to proper internal audit procedures and best practices with due ethical and professional care. The duties and responsibilities required of the position are as follows:
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Plan and execute internal audit reviews, checks of records, processes and systems relating to activities and operations of the Fund under his/her area of responsibility.
- Conduct reasonable periodic internal audit tours to the Fund’s provincial branches.
- Examine and evaluate the records, processes and systems that are in place in relation to assigned functions and activities in (1) and (2) above to ensure they are transacted in accordance to the Fund’s approved in house policies, procedures and other applicable governing legislations.
- Communicate audit findings and be able to make independent and objective recommendations for corrective actions that can enhance the business processes or systems for effective and efficient discharge of functions on assigned audit activities.
- Alert the Assistant Internal Auditor on any suspected allegations of fraud or misconduct noted during the course of work.
- Perform other internal audit duties as and when delegated by the Assistant Internal Auditor.
Responsible to: Assistant Internal Auditor
Read more ...